Graduate Students and Alumni
Current PhD Students
D. Lincoln ,
Aspects of Linear Logic, August, 1992.
T. Howard, Thesis: Fixed
Points and Extensionality in Typed Functional Languages, August, 1992.
Katiyar , Thesis: Theory
and Practice of Typed Object-Oriented Programming. December, 1994.
Viswanathan, Thesis: Recursion
Theoretic Semantics, Fully Abstract Term Models, and Imperative Constructs,
Hoang, Thesis: Type
Inference and Program Evaluation in the Presence of Subtyping, June,
Agesen, Thesis: Type
inference: A path to delivery of dynamically-typed object-oriented
applications. December, 1995. (Co-advisee with David Ungar.)
Fisher , Thesis: Type
Systems for Object-Oriented Programming Languages. August, 1996.
Shmatikov, Thesis: Finite-State Analysis of Security Protocols, May
Freund, Thesis: Type
Systems for Object-Oriented Intermediate Languages, October, 2000.
Patel, Thesis: Obstacl: A language with Objects, Subtyping, and
Classes, December, 2001.
- Nancy Durgin,
Thesis: Logical Analysis and Complexity of Security Protocols, March, 2003.
- Ajay Chander, Thesis: A
Constructive Design Methodology for Trust Management Systems, October, 2003.
- Vanessa Teague,
Thesis: Combining Cryptography and Game Theory in Distributed Algorithms, December 2004.
- Ajith Ramanathan, Thesis: A Probabilistic Polynomial-time Process Calculus for the Analysis of Cryptographic Protocols, June 2005.
- Anupam Datta, Thesis: Security Analysis of Network Protocols: Compositional Reasoning and Complexity-Theoretic Foundations,
- Changhua He, Thesis: Analysis of Security Protocols for Wireless Networks, December 2005.
- Ante Derek, Thesis: Formal Analysis of Security PRotocols: Protocol Composition Logic, December, 2006.
Mukund Sundararajan, Trade-offs in cost sharing, (principal advisor - Tim Roughgarden), June 2009.
- Adam Barth,
Design and Analysis of Privacy Policies, August 2008.
- Collin Jackson,
Improving browser security policies, September 2009.
- Arnab Roy,
Formal proofs of cryptographic security of
network protocols, December 2009.
- Elizabeth Stinson,
Entered Stanford PhD Program Fall 2007 (on leave).
Postdoctoral Fellows and Research Staff
- Xavier Leroy, 1993-1994
- Jakob Rehof, 1997
- Viviana Bono, 1998-1999
- Iliano Cervesato, September 1997 - September 1999
- Ninghui Li, September 2000 - August 2003
- Ralf Kuesters, March 2003 - March 2004
- Matthieu Turuani, December 2003 - December 2004
- Bogdan Warinschi, February - August, 2005
- Anupam Datta, September 2005 - August 2007
- Sergio Maffeis, November 2007 - March 2008
- Elie Burzstein, December 2008 - present
Research M.S. Students (excluding MS students listed above who became PhD students)
Jategaonkar (Jagadeesan), S.M. thesis research at AT\&T Bell Labs
under the MIT VI-A Cooperative Program. Thesis completed at MIT, 1989.
Title: ML with Extended Pattern Matching and Subtypes. MIT
supervisor: Albert R. Meyer.
- Insik Shin
- Vijay Ganesh
- Charles-Henri Gros
- Seenu Inguva
- Sharada Sundaram
- Nicole Taheri
- Lavina Jain
Return to J Mitchell home